***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 26


March 4, 2013

HEY FAM HEY!!

Dang it is always just so good to hear from you all! I am soo pumped for Ashley and Andrea and their race! You two are so awesome! There is no way in this world that I could do that, I don't think I could even have a desire to do that!

This week has been a good one here! We got some pretty crazy news today from President. They are splitting our mission! It is going to be so tiny! It will only cover the valley I am in now and the valley I was before. The split will happen July 1st. All the missionaries in any area outside of those two valleys will be in the new Bakersfield mission! That is just a tiny bit stressful! We went to the office this morning to drop some stuff off and the APs were showing us the maps and just then President Hall walked in and explained it all to us. I asked him if it would be necessary for me to start brown-nosing him now so I could stay in this mission. We'll see what happens. The Lord really is hastening His work and we are just in the heart of it. It is so awesome!

I have still been trying to get to know the area. Its coming along alright, I got a GPS last week, Paulina (she speaks Spanish) and she tends to be more lost than I am most of the time but its all good we are making it.

I have had a chance to meet a lot more of our investigators and I just love all of them! They are all so awesome! The thing that is holding almost all of them back is work on Sunday, so they can't come to church. Satan is such a butt-head (you don't have to blog that if my blog is classier than that). We are working hard with them though, we had a couple of them fasting this week to be able to get Sundays off so we will see how that went for them this week.

My companion is so great! I have a watch myself around her though; she said "eww what the flip" the other day. Poor girl. She is really helping me with my Spanish though. Its kind of been a battle to get a word in sometimes because Latinos can really talk A LOT so when the whole room is filled with them I have to work hard to fit in my two cents! haha but that's good for me.

God has been so good to me here! I just love Him a lot! I have loved getting to know this area and the people and my companion. Its been great too, because our roommates are so much fun! Life here in Canyon Country has been great. I am learning a lot! I love you all so much and hope you all have a fantastic week!!


1 comment:

  1. I read every post your family does, and I love it!!Sounds like you are happy and living the work. I knew you would be a great missionary. Please know I pray for you every day and that I love you. Keep being happy and working hard. Life is good. Aunt Joanne

    ReplyDelete