***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 25


Feb 25, 2013

SHALOM!!!

Hello my dear family! I hope you have all had a stupendous week! It sounds like you all had some fun time together this week! I am glad to hear that all is well!

It has been quite the adjustment here for me. I am loving it though! I LOVE my companion! Hna Redondo is so awesome! She is such an amazing missionary! She is learning English and has the best accent when she is speaking it. I am teaching her a lot of very valuable phrases in English. She said "gee-dang-it " the other day; I am a really good teacher! She is so great to help me with my Spanish! She is helping me to sound a lot less like a white girl.

The area we cover is ginormous! It is so huge! Compared to my little mile by a mile and a half in North Hollywood. The members here are super great! Its odd because a lot of them speak English and it throws me off just a bit when I am talking to them but it definitely makes my life easier.

So we have 13 investigators with baptismal dates and I have only met a few of them but they are all really awesome. There are a lot of them that have problems with getting to church because of work or family stuff so we have work to do in that area. The investigators I have met are so humble and have so much faith. We saw one last night and she is a young single mom of 4 I think, and she was telling us how she was really having a hard time the other day so she said a prayer and opened the Book of Mormon and she came across a verse in Alma. As she was sharing it with us she was just crying and she was saying that it was a perfect answer to her prayer. She has so much faith! I was about in tears just talking to her. It made me realize I need to have more faith. I love the things that I can learn from the people we are teaching.

Our apartment here is a bit different because we have roommates. We have 2 English sisters that cover the local YSA ward living with us. They are a lot of fun. One of them is only 19. I actually took her out last week for her first knocking experience. She is really sweet. It makes me wonder what I would have been like as a missionary at 19. I'm pretty sure it would have been a train-wreck. haha She is awesome though.

I love it here. I am just trying to get the hang of things and figure out where the heck I am. I love you all!!!

P.S. Hna Higley just told me that the investigators that we were teaching forever, the family that had to get married ARE GETTING MARRIED!! I am so excited I am dying!!! Also the couple that had me over for dinner for my birthday got married this weekend!!! BAPTISM ALL AROUND DOWN THERE!!! I am so excited for them!!!!!!!!!



                                          Me and Hna Redondo

No comments:

Post a Comment