***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 22



Feb 4, 2013


HE DID IT!!! Gregorio got baptized!! You guys I wish you could have all been there! I love this guy so much! He has had such a crazy rough life and now that is all gone, he is all clean!!!

It was so awesome! I can't even describe it! He brought with him his daughters and wife. He just had a huge smile all day yesterday. We met with him before church and watched a talk from conference. It was the Dare to Stand Alone by Pres. Monson and he just loved it. He could really relate to it because he is already getting a lot of people telling him how terrible we are but he is so full of faith and just doesn't even care what anyone says. He always says, "I know where I'm at." Anyway, finally 5:00 rolled around and it was dunking time. During the actual baptism Hna Higley and I were having a hard time controlling ourselves because the dumb font was making a really loud awkward sucking sound, we have had to master the silent laugh since being together.

The BEST part of the whole day was when he shared his testimony after the baptism. He is so awesome family! I just can't wait for you all to meet him! He started off by saying he knew that Jose Smith and Thomas S Monson exist. Ha precious. But he also said that he was so excited that he was able to be the example for his family now, something he has never been before. He said he was excited to go to the temple in a year, that's the next step. He is so great! He has been so excited about the temple ever since we talked to him about it. We are planning on meeting up in Salt Lake next Feb for him to go through. He used to work in Salt Lake and he can remember his boss, who was a member, saying to him as they were driving passed the temple one day "that Gregorio is our temple. You can't go in there" He is so excited to be able to now! Anyways his testimony was so perfect and his daughters were just bawling to see their dad up there. All in all it was perfect! I am so excited for him. He has so much faith and is just the most humble man. I am SO grateful that I got to see God work to change him. I can't believe that I got to be a part of it. I know that I really didn't do much of anything it was all Father in Heaven and Gregorio. He is just so amazing! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

Anyways I love you all so much and I will send the pictures from the baptism.



             Gregorio and us!! he calls us his angelitas. He is just adorable


                       Gregorio and Obispo Colocho, he baptized him.


 My very favorite picture! Hna Higley and I laughed for  about 20 mins straight as we were going through the pics last night and saw this one. hahaha it is just soooooooooooo awkward. We have no idea why they are holding hands, none of them are smiling, this one is just gold.




                                                  Gregorio and his cute daughters.


The after shot with his tie. He has been that dressed up since his first first Sunday for church. There are members who have been members for years in our ward that still just wear jeans and a t shirt. Everyone always says, "Wow he's an investigator I thought he was a member." He is so great!



No comments:

Post a Comment