***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 23


Feb 11, 2013

Well family its official Gregorio is now LDS. (I had to teach him that term yesterday he kept thinking it was JC something haha) He was confirmed yesterday and as soon as it was over he came back and sat next to me and said "Ok, next step is the temple." He is so awesome! I really am so grateful that I got to see him make this change in his life!

Other than that we have had a pretty routine week, nothing super exciting has happened. We have been really focusing on finding lately, which can be a bit frustrating, but we know there are other Gregorio’s out there and we just need to have the faith to find them.

One thing that we have recently started to help us find is an English class. This is my new favorite thing. It has been a really good way to find. We have a member in our ward that is an amazing teacher; I mean he even pulled out the Rosetta stone with them! It’s a super legit class. We have had about 13 people each week, members and nonmembers. It’s been a good way to get people comfortable with the members and comfortable with coming into the building (sometimes that is the hardest thing for people to get over). Its super fun to help the people, who think that I am an idiot with Spanish, with their English. ;) Its been really fun and super effective.

OHHHH I almost forgot! We got the most exciting news this week! I have been teaching a couple here since my very first week. They are actually the ones that sent the birthday pictures. He is a member but his girlfriend isn't and missionaries have been teaching her for over a year now because they have been waiting for his divorce to be final so they could get married and THEN baptized. Well they told us this week that the divorce is FINALLY final and they are ready to go!! I was so excited!! I just started to cheer and couldn't stop smiling! I just LOVE them so much! I am a bit sad that I probably won't be around to see it all because they are planning on getting married the end of March and I'm sure I will be gone by then but I just am so excited for them to be able to progress!! I am super PUMPED for them!

Sorry there isn't a lot to report this week but we are doing well and working hard! I love ya'll so darn much!! Have just a super duper week!!

Also pray for la familia Noriega. They need prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment