***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 24


Feb 19, 2013

BIG NEWS!!

Today I got transferred!!!! I am so sad and excited!! We got the call Sunday morning that I needed to pack up because I was leaving! I was super sad. I LOVE North Hollywood and I LOVE our ward and I LOVE Hna Higley and all the Elders in that district but I was excited to see what God had for me next.

It was super sad to say good bye to Gregorio last night. It about ripped my heart out.  I just love that guy! I bore my testimony and right after he said he wanted to share his testimony with me and he had tears just streaming down his face the whole time! It was hard to leave everything I know and love about my mission thus far.

We had the transfer meeting this morning and I thought I had it all figured out. We had asked around to all the Hermanas to see who was leaving and who would be on bike and car and all and I was sure I had it all figured out. Pues, I was super wrong. I was hoping to stay in the Valley (the ghetto) but nope I am now here in Santa Clarita! It is SUUPPERR nice here. I am already missing the hood but I know God wants me here for a reason.

My new companion is Hna Redondo she is sooo awesome! She is from Columbia, like straight up. She is learning English. I love her already though. We also have a CAR! I am the driver. It feels so good to drive. It’s a little sad to not have my jams going but its all good. ;) I am also the senor companion. Haha I think God thinks He is funny sometimes.

I am super excited to see what experiences this area has to offer me. They have 14 investigators with baptismal dates. That is insane! I hope I don't ruin it. I had a few tears saying goodbye to all the Hermanas and especially to Hna Rocha, the member in that ward that I just love soo much! But I am ready to go and love these people too!

For my last Pday in the Valley they called and asked us to help out with the new missionaries that came in. We had 28 new missionaries this transfer!! That is so amazing! We had the opportunity to take them out for their first time contacting. It was soo fun! Like I have never, ever enjoyed knocking that much. We went out in shifts and Hna Higley and I were in charge of the English sisters. The first time was super awesome. I had a girl that is only here waiting for her visa to go to Brazil. She is learning Portuguese. So we were going to have to walk somewhere to contact but then she told me she just happened to have leggings on so we were able to take the bikes. I asked her if she had faith and she was so excited and said YES! So I let her take the lead and tell me when she felt that we needed to stop. She stopped us in front of a house and told me it was the winner. We found the nicest lady there! She was so open and was interested in having missionaries come back to here. She was awesome! After the contact the sister I was with was just so excited! She gave me the biggest hug and just could not get over how fun that was and how good it felt. She is so great!! I felt bad because after that we only ran into Spanish speakers so she didn't really get what was going on but she did jump in with every Spanish word she knew.

I am just amazed by the miracles we encounter everyday! Being a missionary is the best!

Well family I just love you all a lot and could really go for some prayers right about now :) I don't know my address yet so it would be best to just send stuff to the mission office until I can get it to you. LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment