***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Friday, August 3, 2012

MTC Letter #5


Heyyoo Familia!
 
Its early! I am sure only Dad is up at this hour of the morning however we have to get up real early so we can get our laundry done before it gets super crazy in the laundry room! Laundry is probably the least best part about Pday but its all good because we get to go to the temple now! We went last week and it was so great! Nothing beats the temple! Nothing makes me feel more "at home'' than the temple! I was surprised by how pretty the Provo temple is too! It was great! I really look forward to it today!
This week has been a good one! The weeks are starting to go by fast now. WOOOOT! We are half way through the MTC on Sunday! We are so excited! Not that we want to get out of here but...we wanna get out of here :)
I am so excited to be able to go out and teach real people, oh and to learn spanish that would be great too! Most of the time when we ask questions about spanish in class the response is ''Oh, you'll get it once you start hearing other people and start using it more'' ....por favor bendice nos con el don del lenguas! But spanish is coming along though.
On Sunday I was given the assignment of the Coordinating Sister in my zone. I know...its hard not to let my head get big :) just kidding, Its been a good assignment for me. Its makes me be more aware of the other Hermana's in my zone and focus on their needs rather than my own, this is something that I have discovered is key while being out here, everything is SO much easier when I focus on others! I love all the Hermanas in the zone so this will be fun for me.
We have been having a lot of subs in our classes lately because one of our teachers is getting married. We have had a few that I have just LOVED! They have helped me so much! Its also nice to hear someone else's spanish, sometimes they are way easier to understand. Oh but not Hermano Black. Ohhhh Hermano Black. He was here last week just for one night and decided he was going to be an investigator that we all needed to teach. We quickly went over a brief outline of what we could teach him, making sure we could remember all the spanish we needed. Now I'm going to be real for a moment the Hermana trio does pretty well in lessons, not perfect but we are pretty good, so we weren't too stressed. (first sign a humbling experience is coming our way) We go in there and first we cannot understand a WORD this man was saying, he served in Hondorous (can't spell that..awkward sorry David) and he had a crazy accent that we just could not pick up. He also had a name that we had to repeat roughly 1000 times before we just decided it wasn't going to happen for us and we moved on. Well we start teaching him about the book of mormon had him in Alma 7 and he was really loving it, and then my dear sweet companion told him we got the record from our son and the gold plates. Eraiaidfnaksjdhfn---his name..we think, gave the craziest, rubber, confused face and I lost it. I could not stop laughing, and Hermana Obrigawitch started in on the laughter as well. It was NOT good. Then he asked what happened to these gold plates and nobody answered and all I had was ''...uhhhh con Dios'' again we lost it and it took a few moments to get ourselves together. Needless to say it was not a great lesson. I just can't help the awkward laugh, its definitely something for me to work on!
We went to an old broadcast of a talk given by Elder Holland on sunday and it was so good! I just love him! He is so powerful! His talks are always really funny too, we were saying as we walked out how amazing it was and that it was just what we needed, but we were also laughing that you know you have been in the MTC too long when Elder Holland is your favorite comedian. :)
I am learning  so much and I am so grateful for this experience! I am so blessed to be here changing the way I am! I can't imagine not coming on a mission. It has been the hardest, most tiring, most amazing experience I have ever had! THE CHURCH IS TRUE! Christ is our savior and He knows exactly how we feel and what we are going through. God is so mindful of us! I see that every minute of everday here! I love you all and I love all your letters!! You guys are the best!
 
Hermana Hansen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment