***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Friday, July 27, 2012

MTC Letter #4


O hey hey Familia

OOOhhh the MTC. How special you are. It has been a lovely week (as long as we don't mention the food and the awful things it is doing to my insides)! One sad news though is Hermana Kimes is GONE!!!! That was so sad to see her go! She is literally my favorite person I have met thus far. She will be missed dearly. Quiet time at night now is actually quiet and during study time we actually study the whole time, no more distractions. Sad. She will forever be in my heart. However, because she left us and her companion behind we are now a trio. Hermana Obrigawitch has now joined the team. It has been very interesting having three people rather than two. Now whenever I need a drink or a bathroom break I feel like I have to round up the troops. But its good, we love her a lot so its been easy to bring her in.

I am so excited for today, because not only is it PDAY(I have made up a theme song for Pday...Rebecca Black was my inspiration...My companions love me and never get sick of me)!!! but today the temple is OPEN!!! We are going to a session today and I could not be more excited!! I have missed the temple so much since coming here but that will soon be over! woot! On Sunday we got to do our "temple walk" which means we get to go over and walk the temple grounds, this week was the first time we actually got to go and it was so great. I LEFT THE WALLS OF THE MTC!! I saw traffic, pushed the crosswalk button and waved at all the cars as I did it. I have never appreciated temple grounds so much!

So espanol. It is coming along, this week has been a pretty good week for my spanish. I now try to translate my every thought into spanish, thats a bit annoying. But as we teach lessons I am able to rememeber the words I need and with the spirit I can convey the message I want to. We not only teach Victor and Pedro a few times a week we now go to the TRC. This week was our second week of the TRC, we go and talk to volunteers who are members about whatever they need...en espanol. Es muy dificil!(<---literally that was an accident. awkward) Its a bit awkward and I don't know how to ask the questions we need in order to help them! We talked with Chip and Jeff yesterday not a great success but our second one went really well! It is just so amazing how the spirit just jumps right in when needed. I just love him!!

This week my focus has been on the atonement. On Sunday our relief society and fireside and district meeting (sunday school) were all on the atonement. We also had the oppurtunity to watch a talk that Elder Bednar gave last christmas here at the MTC about the Characteristics of Christ. Life changing talk! It was so amazing! I love that the spirit will teach me more than the people speaking if I let him. The atonement is so REAL! I know I can do this 18 month mission because of the atonement, because I have my Savior at my side and He knows everything I am going through and he knows exactly how I feel. I am just surprised everyday by the love of God. He loves us all so much! I know that because I can feel his love everytime I get frustrated with my spanish, disappointed with a lesson or when I am homesick and just want some letters. He is always there to pick me up tell me to stop whining and realize what an incredible blessing it is to be able to serve Him everyday solid for 18 months of my life. Life is so good and all because of Him!

Well that's all I have for ya'll. Keep me posted on Park City and everything else in yo lives. Love you all oh so very much!!!!!!!!!!

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment