***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Saturday, July 7, 2012

MTC Letter #1


Hola familia!!

Oh my goodness I am here! Can you believe it?? I hardly can! So my usual P day will be Fridays and I can email for 30 mins.

So I have been here for 2 days and it feels a lot like 2 weeks! I have done more and learned more in the past 2 days than I have in the past 2 months at home! The days are really long but everyone says after your first week everything is so fast and the mtc time will fly! They don't waste anytime with the espanol. We had a 4 hour class yesterday and the teacher spoke spanish the. whole. time. I am so grateful for the little bit of spanish I have taken in the past or else I would be in even bigger trouble! Its fun to be able to understand some of what he is saying and very frustrating when he goes on for a solid 20 mins and I get nothing! Its like on cartoons when the teacher is just keeps saying blah blah blah over and over again. I'm learning though! Yesterday we learned to say prayers en espanol and share our testimony. I try to say my personal prayers in spanish but there is way too much I want to pray for that I have no clue how to say. This afternoon we have to teach our first investigator. Holy intense! Pedro is his name and we are not allowed to use any english only spanish. uhhh.....hola Pedro? This could be awkward. Thank goodness I have the spirit on my team!

My companion for the next 9 weeks is Hermana Bragg. She is 21 and from Washington. She is serving in Salt Lake. She is super sweet! I like her a lot. She gives me concerned looks quite a bit when I am being my normal "special" self but she is getting used to me. We room with 2 other hermanas and I just love them!! They are both serving in Peru Lima Central, so they are only here for 3 weeks, sad. Hermana Obrigawitch is from California and Hermana Kimes is from Georgia. She is my favorite I must say. She is hilarious!! She has a really thick southern accent which just makes everything she says funnier! I now think in either spanish or with a southern drawl.

I am so grateful to be here. This has been like nothing I have ever done and has been a challenge and amazing all at the same time! I feel so close to Heavenly Father! He really does love His missionaries! I love you all and love love love your letters! keep them coming! Don't leave me looking like a fool when they pass out the mail. Just kidding. I hope all is well at home! I love ya'll! keep on keeping on!

Hermana Hansen

1 comment:

  1. That is SO Amanda!! :) I am so proud of her and am excited to read her letters, she is so amazing!! Thanks for posting Lexie!

    ReplyDelete