***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Friday, July 20, 2012

MTC Letter #3


Hola Familia!!
 
I have a list of stuff I wanted to write home about so if I am all over I am sorry! 30 mins is stressful!
 
I have been loving the letters I've been getting! Dearelder is the best ever! We get mail twice a day, after lunch we get the post mail and then after dinner we get our dearelders. My Pday and letter writing is over by the time I get dearelders on fridays so if you wrote me yesterday I won't get to answer that one until next week. I hope that just made sense.
 
So the MTC. Let me just tell you how great it has become! I am finally getting in the swing of things and I am learning so much!! I have come to discover it takes about 3 weeks to really start enjoying this place. Week one is only half a week and everything is new and exciting but its hard to adjust to. Week 2 is when you hit rock bottom. You feel very much like you are in a spiritual prison en espanol. Its hard not to run and jump over that wall and run all the way home. And then you make it to this week, you are comfortable you accept all that is going on and you focus so much more on the Spiritual part of the spirit prison. That is how all of us hermanas have felt at least. We have grown so much this week. The spanish is coming along I'm really praying for that gift of tongues!
 
Pedro, our dear investigator, showed up the other day to teach our class! Yes, Pedro is actually our other teacher!! We were so shocked. I was super hoping to leave those awkward moments behind me but no, not my life :) He is such a great teacher though! We have all already bonded with him so much as Pedro so he is just all of our buddy. Its awesome! We are still teaching him, preparing him for baptism. We are now also teaching Victor, our other teacher. Victor is very serious and super intimidating! We are hoping we can get comfortable with him. Our first couple of lessons with him have been much less awkward so that is postive!
 
On Sunday this week Hermana Bragg and I taught our sunday school class. It went well, we are a pretty good team when it comes to teaching, especially in ENGLISH!! That night we had devotional and Jenny Oaks Baker came, she is Dallin H Oaks daughter and she is an amazing violinist. She played for us it was super good! On Sunday night they show movies after the devotional, this week they showed Legacy!! I can not tell you the thrill it gave me to watch a movie! Legacy has never been so dramatic, spiritual, funny, and romantic! Its so fun to be in a room full of missionaries watching a movie. Oh how easily we are entertained.
 
Just the other day Hermana Bragg and I were outside doing our personal study when a few guys came up to us and asked us if they could take our picture for the new MTC manual. So I mean...I'm famous. But it was so awkward! They were like look into each other's eyes and smile, use your hands to explain a doctrine, laugh, Sister Hansen look her in the eyes. We were naturals obviously.
 
You will all be happy to hear I have discovered the wonderful world of the MTC fitness center. WAAAYYY better than gym! I get to work on a staionary bike while watching conference talks and the joseph smith movie. Its basically what the fitness centers of heaven will be like!
 
Hermana Kimes got her travel plans this week! She leaves on Tuesday!!! I could not be more depressed about this! She has kept me from going crazy with stress! It is going to be so sad to see her go but I am so grateful that I have had her during the first week! I just love her! It will be a new experience doing this without her. Come what may and love it!
 
Speaking of Come what may and love it, the other day Hermana Bragg and I needed just a tiny break so we were watching mormon messages and I watched the come what may one, it was so powerful this time! I went and watched the whole talk after and it was exactly what I needed! It is so amazing how Heavenly Father knows just what I need and right when I need it! I have so felt Him here with me through all of this! Anytime I need a pick-me-up I get the perfect letter from home or read the perfect verse or hear the perfect conference talk! I have learned so much and have grown so much from all of this already! I could not be in a better place doing a better thing! It is such an honor to be able to represent my Savior and learn to be more like Him! I am just loving it!
 
I love you all! Keep the letters coming and the prayers! I have the best support and it makes all the difference!
 
Hermana Hansen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment