***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, December 31, 2012

Week 17


Dec 31, 2012

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY!!

It was so FANTASTIC to hear all your voices last week! I'm sorry I am bad at phone calls I just get too excited. Hopefully on Mother's Day I will be better at it.

So our week has been so great! We have just been so blessed! For Christmas we went around delivering Christmas cards to our investigators and the older ladies we visit. We had dinner at the bishop's house and then went caroling after. It was a great day. The best part of the day for me was when I got to talk to you all and it didn't make me home sick, it just made me realize how happy I am being a missionary and how important this work is! I absolutely LOVE being a missionary (most of the time ;))

Well our investigators are doing so well! I love them so much! The one family we have been teaching are progressing so well. They have been coming to church every week and have real desires to know the truth.  We taught them the word of wisdom and law of chastity this week and they realized that they are going to have to make a few changes in their lives but they are willing to do it. We went over yesterday and watched the Testaments with them, we wanted to help them get a visual of what it was like when Christ came to the Americas and they really loved it. At the end of the movie we were all in tears. Joel, the father, then told us that we had been feeling something he never had before. He was noticing that he was thinking about God more and had a lot of desire to know Him. He said he couldn't even describe the feeling! He is so open to the spirit! We just love them! They have a baptismal date for the end of Jan so please keep them in your prayers!

Ok now for a funny story. I have been laughing about this for days. Please do not think I am a terrible person for laughing so very, very hard at this but, Hna Higley got hit by a car this week. Are you laughing yet?, because I still am! So we were riding home the other night and we were almost back to our apartment. Hna Higley was leading because she had the keys to the garage. She was pulling the keys out of her pocket while she was riding and then a car came out of the other garage just as she was about to pass it. Now the sad thing about both of our bikes is that neither of us has working back brakes, so when she pulled the brake on her bike it did nothing and she went right into the car. (I am dying right now while I write this.) I was behind her and I was obviously worried for her but she backed up, looked back at me and smiled and assured me that she was fine and so was her bike. I was so relieved and then the image of her hitting the car popped into my head again and I lost it, I just started to laugh so hard. The guy got out of his car to make sure she was ok.  He saw she was fine and that I had lost it he drove away. His car was super dented and scratched though. Too bad for us, he lives in our building, that is going to be an uncomfortable elevator ride someday. We have just been laughing about it since.

Life her is super awesome! We are working hard and smiling a lot! We are going to the zoo today so we have no complaints. Please keep the prayers coming. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment