***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, September 3, 2012

Last letter from MTC!


Wow sorry these MTC computers are quite special. They froze up and stopped working for a few hours. I love technology!
 
So anyways this was my last full week here as you all know. It has been a great one! We have been getting really anxious and excited but mostly really nervous!
 
I have been stressing about the language lately. This whole time I haven't been to worried about it, I knew it would come when I needed it and when Heavenly Father thought was the best time for me. Well it just got real that I have to talk to real people soon and I have been stressing! We went to class the other night and our teacher tells Hermana Bragg and I that our lesson with ''Rogelio" that night was going to be observed by another class in thier 9th week as well. I was panicing! Lessons are not so bad and I can get away with my not great spanish usually but not when people are watching! I prayed so hard that I could teach the lesson and remember all the spanish I needed. I was so stressed about the spanish and looking like an idiot in front of a bunch of Elders when I realized its not about the spanish. The spirit had to give me a good pep talk that it doesn't matter what I say, all I need to worry about is inviting the spirit and that Rogelio's needs are met. So the time came for us to go teach our lesson and I am feeling a bit better but still pretty nervous. The classroom they do it in has a giant 2way mirror so the observers can watch from the outside. Rogelio decided to have one of his friends in for the lesson (one of the elders from our district). We started off getting to know his friend and checking up on Rogelio's reading and other commitments and then we started our lesson. It was by far the BEST lesson we have ever taught! The spirit was so strong in the room! It is still so amazing to me how much the spirit is involved even in these fake situations. Our spanish was not great I was conjagating everything wrong and forgot a bunch of words I needed but it didn't matter, we were still able to teach what we needed and the spirit filled in the rest. This was exactly what I needed! I know that it really doesn't not matter what I say, because none of this is about me. Its all about the investigator and his realationship with Christ. It was so great to feel like an instrument in the Lord's hands! THIS IS ALL SO REAL (even when it is fake)!!!!
 
Yesterday we had in-field orientation for 12.5 hours. I must my patience was tested a few times. That is a long time for meetings. Everything we were learning was so good though and it was all stuff we needed to know. We do A LOT of role playing here and yesterday we practiced contacting people. We practiced as if we were on a bus, in the streets or in a park. It is a pretty scaring thought that for some of the time I only have 30 seconds to make a difference in these peoples lives. I know that this is the gospel of Jesus Christ and is something that can bless everybody's life. I hope I will be able to convey that to them! THe people who taught in field orientation are like MTC celebrities, they are in all the videos they show us as examples. They followed missionaries around for their appt and now they show them to us as good and bad examples of teaching. One of the Sisters that taught and was in the video served in California spanish speaking so I had to talk to her after to get all the hints. Its was really good and helped a lot!
 
Well I love you all! The next time I write will be from California! AH I am so PUMPED!! Let's do this! Thank you for all of your support! I have the best family and friends!
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment