***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Sunday, September 30, 2012

week 3 in Cali


HELLO ALL!!!
Well its that time again when I awkwardly try to come up with interesting things to tell ya'll. It has been a pretty great week. I just love my area! It is so fun to bike around the hood and see all the different people that are around!

We had a bit of a heart breaker this week. Juan Carlos dumped us. His friend-the one we are trying to love anyways- got to him and put a bunch of non-scense in his mente and now he is gone. It was so sad!! It was the worst dumping of my life. It is amazing how much you grow to just really love people that you barely even know, when you are teaching them. I barely even knew Juan but I know that Father knows him very well and wanted him to hear His good word. Anyways, it was super sad and we may have shed a tear or two in his behalf however we carry on!!

 Let me tell you about one of my new favorite people. His name is Jose. I just love this guy. He is an 18 year old cholo AND he speaks english. Dream come true for me! He is such a great kid! His faith has grown so much just in the short time that I have known him. We have big hopes for him. Its a bit difficult because he is on 3 years of probabtion so he can't be baptized for 3 years unless he shows a real desire to repent and be baptized. He is so great though! He was telling us the other day that we was reading the Book of Mormon on the bus the other day...O my goodness that just warmed my little heart! He was on the bus, our little cholo with tattoos all over, reading el libro de mormon. AWW!!! He is so great! Its a little offensive because i think he thinks we are squares. We were trying to say spanish slang the other day and he was like "No you can't say that. With your little bikes and skirts and helmets. Its just weird." I try to explain to him that I am actually really thug...he's not buying it, Rude. :)

  We had a stake missionary activity last night. We have a whole spanish stake here so its super fun for the activities because they are so big. We had seperate rooms that people rotated through and each explained a prinicle of the gospel. Faith, repentence, baptism and the gift of the holy ghost. I was in the baptism room and I got to public speak in a language that I don't speak and that I have a very love-hate relationship with. Hna Clayton and I had to give a 3 min intro explaining what baptism is. I was just a tiny bit stressed. We only had to do it twice thankfully and thankfully I am so white I don't feel like people expect great spanish from me anyways. The first time was alright I stuttered my way through it ok. The second time was a bit more awkward. I just was so white, and I could just hear my whiteness- it was a bit emabarrassing. After my part was done I had a hard time not smiling super huge just thinking about my awkwardness. I am such a great public speaker especially when in a new language. Not so much but its like I tell Hna Clayton all the time "it's ok Hermana, I have different talents" I use that line for pretty much everything. :)

 Well that's all I got for this week! I am seeing little miracles everywhere and everyday. I know that Chirst is our Savior and He is with every step we allow Him to be! I am glad to hear all is well there in AZ and I love you all oh so much!!! Keep on keepin' on!
Les Quiero!
Hna Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment