***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 2 in California


Week 2 in the field ya'll and it has been special! First of all I am so sorry about my lack of letter writing last week I only had time for one letter and from the sounds of it it didn't find him, geedangit. I had to do some serious shopping last week. Listen up, I got to go to TARGET! It was such a thrill, I almost felt normal and then I remembered I was wearing a dress and suddenly felt like a poligomist in the Cedar walmart (if that was rude, don't blog it). However it was a great Pday! I have made sure to have A LOT of letter writing time today so I will be writing like crazy.
 
So this week has been a good one. I LOVE the support I get from the Savior constantly. We got stood up probably like 100 times last week and when they were there I had no idea what they were saying to me. However there were a few times that I felt that I had earned a good solid pity party but it just wouldn't come. I was riding my bike at one point and was thinking ok I'm ready to be sad and disappointed I was getting ready for a good cry or something...and nothing really came. Ah well better luck next time. ;) I know I am being taken care of and there are small miracles in the works all around me.
 
Mircale #1: Last week on my first full day in the field we were riding our bikes away from an appt and a man off yonder called us over to him. We went over and started talking to him and he was a really nice fella. His name was Juan Carlos. He absoultely loved that I was trying to learn spanish and kept laughing at me when I didn't know what was being said. Its good though, I don't mind people laughing with me, just as long as they will talk to me, I'm good. So we talked to him briefly about the restoration and he seemed very interested and wanted to come to church. score. Well he didn't show up and we couldn't get ahold of him. This is when the miracle came in, we were walking out of our apartment the other day getting ready to knock doors, when we heard someone yell "Hey Ladies" we looked and it was JUAN! He was on his bike and crossed the 5 lanes of traffic ndb and came to talk to us!!!!!! I was SO EXCITED! I just love this little Juan. (juan sounds like one, I realized that after I typed it, I am hilarious.) Anyways we set up another appointment with him and he showed up!!!! He brought a friend with him who just so happended to be the most negative man a live so it didn't go as planned. But I still have hope for him!!
 
Miracle #2: Some of you have scoped out my area a bit and have seen that it is on the more...run down side of things. Well the other night Hna Clayton and I were out, being stood up left and right, we were just having a less than fantastic day. We decieded to hit up one more area befor calling it a day. This just so happens to be one of the most sketchy streets of our area and we were having no luck. It was 8:15 and we decided to just head home. well as we were going down the street we just so happend to pass by William. The Hnas had been contacting him before I got there but he was kind of awkward during the whole lesson and so they just put him on the back burner for a bit. Anyways so we stopped and talked to him and he said (in spanish) "wow this is the same place I met you last time, maybe its a sign from God." he is such a nice guy! We read from the Book of Mormon again and he again just gets uncomfortable. We have come to discover that it is partly because of his family that he lives with. We went and taught him again yesterday. We taught him the plan of salvation. I love to teach about the plan of salvation it is just so true and it blesses everyone!!! He really liked it! We have another appointment set up for this saturday and we are hoping we can teach him at the church so his family isn't around. He also agreed to come to church which is awesome! before he would just straight up say no.
 
We have had just such a great week full of miracles! I wish I had time to tell all of them! I love you all so much! I miss getting to hear from you all during the week but I am glad I got to hear from you all today! The church is so true and this gospel is really Christ's gospel! I hope you all have a fantastic week and are praying and reading the scriptures :) Keep on keepin on
 
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment