***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Week 34


April 29, 2013

Hello Hello!!

We have had quite an exciting week this week! We had a lot of stuff going on, which is always good. We have been working in the creepy trailers everyday and now all the kids in the neighborhood know us. Every time we pull in we get about 4 or 5 little girls that chase after our car and give us a hug as soon as we get out. We just love it there! We have a couple of really solid investigators there that we are really excited about.

We had quite an interesting experience this week with a man who tried to bible bash with us for an hour and a half. It was a bit difficult for me to just keep my mouth shut and just smile and nod. I wasn't hiding anything though he could see it on my face. I have always been so bad at hiding my feelings on my face. Anyway we survived.

Ok funny story:  We were in a lesson the other day with a family we have just started re-teaching. They are super nice and are much more open now. So we were teaching them the Word of Wisdom because they had questions about that. Hna Barnes still is having a hard time keeping up, of course she has only been out a few weeks, but we wanted her to get involved in the lesson. So Hna Redondo wrote on a piece of paper (while they were going off on something about tattoos- written all in Spanish, “Ask them if they have any problems with these substances?”)  I passed the paper to her and she immediately starts to study it! It was finally her turn and I gave her the nudge. She looked up so innocently at them and said in Spanish “Ask them if they have any problems with these substances?” She read word for word what was on the paper! Hahaha! I was watching the 20-year-old daughter as she said this and she had such a confused look on her face. It was silent for a couple of really long seconds and then the mom finally says Oh uhhh, we drink coffee? hahaha poor Hna Barnes had no idea what happened until we walked out and Hna Redondo and I just lost it. She is a good sport. She is always willing to speak up even when she has no idea what she is saying. She is so awesome!!

It has been a super great week I love you all and hope you are doing well!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment