***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 31


April 8, 2013

MARRRNINNNN FAMILY!!!

I hope you all just loved Conference this weekend. I love conference so much! I remember being younger and thinking that I would die conference was sooo long and now I am super depressed once it is over. I got a lot of answers to prayers and just felt great about the whole thing. I love Elder Holland so much! He just knows how to get it done! I hope you were all listening when they were talking about members doing missionary work, not to be super sister missionary on you all but...DO IT!!! It’s a commandment!, that's all I am going to say about that. :) The temple in Cedar made me so happy! That is so awesome!! I can't wait to go to that open house!

Well this week was a great one. We have been really trying hard to find and to get our members involved which, both can be really difficult tasks, but I know God sees our efforts and will bless us in His time.

Training has been a lot of fun. It’s a bit stressful because I feel that I have to be perfect all the time and well that is just not possible especially when I am involved but I am learning. Our new companion, Hna Barnes is so awesome though. She has no fear and just does all that she knows how in Spanish. I really look up to her. I hope I can help her in some way too.

Recently we have started to teach a man who has been a 7th Day Adventist for 30 years. We were worried that he only wanted us over to bash with him but he has always been very kind and genuinely wants to understand. They have some very different beliefs from us so it has been quite the challenge to help him understand. Sometimes I wish I could just force people to do the things they need to, to find out if it is true, but there is only so much we as missionaries can do. It has been interesting though to study the scriptures with him in mind. I am just so grateful to have the truth and that it makes sense.

We had one investigator come to conference this weekend. His name is Andres. He is a sweet old man. He has an alcohol problem that we are working with but he has had a really rough life with a lot of regrets and he really wants to change and make things right. He is really great! We have a recent convert in the ward that also had to give up addictions to be baptized and they are just the best friends. It is so precious!

Anyways family I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment