***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 33



April 22, 2013

Greetings my dear family!!

You guys are all just my favorite people ever! I just think you should know that.

We have had yet another awesome week! I just love it here. We have been going back all week meeting the nice people of the creepy trailers. I LOVE that place! It is such a treasure. We went back this week to contact some more of the trailers and were invited in to almost all of them without even introducing ourselves. This makes me happy. Everybody we have met there thus far has been from Mexico.

There was a lady, Maria (of course...they are all named Maria) and she was really friendly and she told us she was from Mexico and I was teasing her and told her I was from Mexico too she was so excited and asked from what part. I always tell people the same place- Chipilo but sadly no body has ever heard of this place (its real though I promise!) so that's when they doubt it and I tell them I am kidding. Well she bought it and just took off talking for about 10 mins about how proud she was of me from staying true to my Latina roots and such...that was a bit awkward and I felt bad when I to crush her a bit and tell her there is no speck a true Latina in me. I have learned I need to be careful with this joke. On the bright side it means my Spanish is getting better. :)

We have been contacting a lot lately! Because there is 3 of us, we have the advantage of being able to take a member out with us and do splits so we can cover more area. When we do this Hna Barnes and I are always together because we like to practice for when Hna Redondo leaves us next transfer. I am so nervous about that. I don't know how I am going to do this without her! But I do have a testimony that God puts us where we need to be and with who we need to be so I know God thinks its possible so it must be. We do pretty well on our own though which makes me feel better. It helps that Hna Barnes is not afraid of anything, which really helps me to get over my own insecurities and get it done.

We are very happy and loving what we are doing!! I LOVE you all soo much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment