***heads up***


****We receive letters from Sister Hansen every Monday, so be sure to check back each week :)****

Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 20



Jan 21, 2013


HeyyyOHHHH!!

Well Hello There!

I am sorry I couldn't write you all but apparently the world stops for MLK Day.

I LOVED the emails this week! Especially the one of my BEAUTFUL sisters, and their amazing talent. My companion and I were dying! I just LOVE my family!

(Amanda's sisters decided it was sad that she couldn't hear the new Taylor Swift song...so they took matters into their own hands)
Ya'll This week has been CRAZYY!!! It has definitely been a growing week.  We have had so many stressful and scary moments but they have all turned pretty ok as of now.

Gregorio is doing great! He is so awesome! We love him a lot! We had a bit of a scare with him this week but he is back on track and is really looking forward to his baptism, which is set for the 3 of Feb. He has lived quite the crazy life and he just is loving the peace he is finding through church and reading the Book of Mormon and becoming closer to Christ. He found out the other day that we could send some missionaries over to his friends in Mexico and he got so excited! He hugged us. That was a bit awkward; thankfully we handled that so awkwardly that I think he has zero desire to do that again. ha He is just such a champion.

The other family we are teaching are going through some rough stuff right now. We are trying to just be there for them and help them realize they can turn to Christ for any help that they need. I hope that they will be able to work through their challenges.

We have been really blessed with awesome investigators, people who really want to know the truth. We have a few others that we are working with as well and I am just so grateful that I get to serve these people and get to know them! God just loves all of His children!

We are doing really well and we are just laughing through all the scary, rough, and awkward moments we have. Oh awkward moment we had this week is we caught a kid trying to steal my tires from my bike. We came out of our apartment the other day and a couple of kids were over by our bikes. One kid saw us coming and just took off and left his friend there confused and calling after him. He realized why he took off when I was standing next to him unlocking the bike he was messing with. He looked at me and said "uhh he's trying to take your stuff" haha I just didn't know quite how to respond to that and all I said was "well could ya not?" and then he walked off too, uncomfortable and super funny.

The next day I had to bike to church which is up a hill and for some reason it was extremely difficult this time and when we got to the church I realized it was because the kid had taken my tire pin and my tire was one bump away from coming off. Nice, ha got to love the hood.

I love you all so much!!! I hope all is well and I pray for you everyday!












No comments:

Post a Comment